Sunday, March 16, 2014

Week Nine

Goals:
My goals of this week were to finish my rough draft for my research paper, excluding the introduction and conclusion. I also had in mind, to finish a paragraph each night as well so that I could finish my rough draft for my research paper. Next week, I hope to finish my research paper completely, and start editing my paper in the middle of next week. The schedule for this week looks like:
Sunday: 
Finish writing my Chapter 1 and Chapter 3 paragraphs as well as transition paragraphs.
Monday: 
Finish writing my Introduction and Conclusion paragraphs
Tuesday: 
Finish writing my Introduction and Conclusion paragraphs
Wednesday: 
Use my teacher's corrections from Chapter Two to correct my other Chapters' paragraphs
Thursday: 
Meet with Sarah to fix prominent errors as well as big errors, and finish corrections that night
Friday: 
Finish correcting my paper according to how I see it should be corrected and then see what Sarah or my tutor thinks
Saturday-Sunday: 
Correct the whole paper according to what Sarah and my tutor think and do a last minute correction the night before
Activities:
This week was a very tiresome and busy week for myself as well as a stressful week. I had a lot on my mind and was stressed out because I had to write 5 paragraphs and transition paragraphs without my tutor there to help me. So I tried to do as much as I could but that did not work out so I was able to receive an extension but this meant that because I was going to be away for a Lacrosse game from Friday-Saturday, I would only have time to work on my paper on Sunday. I am currently trying to fit in time to work on my paper, as it seems to be working as I am at the point of trying to complete this assignment rather than trying to do it beautifully for right now. But, this week I was able to finish understanding what I am sort of writing about and re-visit some example research papers that did well on their structure and grammar to help me write my paper.
Problems:
I have had a lot of problems this week. Mainly dealing with time management as I have been coming home every day at 8:00 from practice and then staying up till 1:00 to study for tests and quizzes this week and doing other homework as well as try and find time to finish my essay when last weekend I had no time. As my tutor last weekend, did not show up to help me work on my research paper and understand what my teacher meant in her correction comments in my rough draft half last week. So I asked for an extension on Thursday and luckily my teacher understood my dilemma, but because I was going to be gone Friday-Saturday and then four hours of Sunday I would only have so much time to get my sleep, do my other homework, and finish my rough draft of my research paper. Also, that Saturday I had planned on meeting with my tutor to go over my teacher's comments and how to properly structure my paragraphs, unfortunately he did not show up as he is still in the hospital. But he promised me that if I can send it in sometime during the week he can look at it and we can look over it next weekend as well.
Reflection:
Overall, this week has been by far my worst week for my research paper mainly because I was not able to finish my research paper in the allotted time I was given and I am just beyond stressed with this project. I wish I had allotted time that was in chunks to work on my research paper rather than cramming in my work like I am doing today. But right now I am just focusing on just getting this writing for my paper done so that I can have all of next week and next weekend to edit as much as I can for this project and give it my all next week instead of mope about it like I did last Friday and Thursday. I felt my only goal I achieved this week was that I finished my outline and my Chapter 2 paragraphs that understand a more on what I am doing wrong and as well as what I am doing correctly. But for right now, I just need to focus on getting over the biggest hurdle in this research paper process and that is writing the research paper and then correcting all my mistakes rather than getting upset over them when I am writing my paper.
Until Next Time,
Zain

1 comment:

  1. Zain,
    Try not to be too hard on yourself. You had a rough week, but you've been working steadily this whole time. Do what you can, and that's all you can do. It will be fine. :) Home stretch now!

    ReplyDelete