Saturday, March 8, 2014

Week Eight

Goals:
My goals for this week consisted of trying to finish up writing one of my chapters and starting my second chapter. I also planned on having my first chapter comments from my teacher done and edited by myself. But unfortunately, this week I was only able to finish writing my second chapter as my first chapter in the nick of time, but had not time to correct that chapter according to my teachers comments. But I am hoping with this week's schedule, I can successfully finish my three chapters and transition paragraphs. So my week for this week will show as:
Sunday: 
Find two more suitable quotes for my first chapter and start and finish writing my first chapter.
Monday: 
Start and finish writing my third chapter.
Tuesday: 
Write my three transition paragraphs and edit my paper.
Wednesday: 
During free block try to edit my paper.
Thursday: 
In the morning, try to edit my paper and possibly start writing my introduction and conclusion paragraphs.
Friday: 
I have no time because I have to go to a lacrosse game in Spokane, so I have an early dismissal at noon and the morning with not work out with writing or editing anything.
Activities:
This week was one hectic week and I am so glad to have written and finished my first chapter. As all throughout the weekend this week and Monday and Tuesday, I was worried about getting my chapter finished in time. I did not really feel as if making it perfect as possible was an option because lacrosse was starting up and teachers were slamming us with more work than usual because the quarter is coming to an end and we only have one more month till project week. Well, technically a couple weeks but despite the number of weeks till project week we are still being slammed with homework, especially SATs. But I hope for this next week to really hone on finishing my research paper and then leaving enough time to just go over my paper for editing. I am really worried about the editing portion of this assignment as that is something that I have trouble doing by myself and I need help with. So I hope from this project, that once I finish my paper by this next week I will have A LOT of time to learn how to edit my paper thoroughly and properly. Plus, I have gotten the research process of this paper done so I am more than half way done with this project which is something I quite glad about.
Problems:
This week has been quite a rocky and busy week for myself. As this week was the beginning of my lacrosse season so we had very late practices with lots of running. And then when I would come home I would not usually have the energy to sit down and finish my homework. But I made that decision so I accept full responsibility but I did not realize how much work goes into playing a sport at Overlake and the homework load I would have is greater than last year. But I was able to successfully get over the obstacle of finishing my second chapter in time and in the right page length despite the copious amounts of errors in my rough draft. But this shows that I need to find another approach to writing my next two chapters and also allows me to see how I can improve for my other two chapters. Unfortunately, I was approached with a problem Friday night after practice as I was sent to the E.R. because I could not bend my knee from lacrosse practice. This was a problem because I planned on starting and finishing one or two paragraphs for my research paper that night and studying a bit for my SAT test for Saturday. But because I could not bend my knee and my parents thought I might have torn a ligament in my knee we had to rush to the hospital to see what really happened to my knee. Thankfully, I just have tissue damage in my knee and it will take a week or so to heal but that did prove as a problem for wanting to start and finish some of my research paper paragraphs and not saving it for the last minute.
Reflection:
This week was considered to be one of my busiest weeks for the research paper. But it has not been a busy week because of the research paper, it is just busy because of the other homework I have had and also because spring sports has started and other activities have come into my life while I am trying to find time to finish writing a perfect research paper. Also this week served as an example of not waiting till the night before to write my second chapter rough draft. That night was one of my most stressful nights because over the weekend I was all frazzled with the SAT and I spent all of Friday, Saturday and half of Sunday studying for my SAT test. That by Sunday, I forgot that I had to write a chapter for Tuesday and on top of that I had Lacrosse starting on Monday which I forgot does not end till 6:30. As I usually get home at 7:00 because I live 30-45 minutes away from school, depending on traffic. But overall, this week I learned my lesson for not writing my chapter the night before. Which is why this week I have instilled the goal of trying to complete my other two chapters by Tuesday at the latest. As I have all of Sunday, Monday night and morning, and Tuesday night and morning to finish writing my paper. Then that leaves me Wednesday-Friday morning to edit as much as I can of my rough draft. But overall, I am glad to have faced these timing challenges this week and lack of time because this is helping me learn how to allot time to writing for my research paper and for studying for my SAT.
Until next time,
Zain

1 comment:

  1. Holy heck, Zain. So, how's the knee? How's the stress level? Do you have a plan for revising the first chapter? Let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete