Saturday, January 18, 2014

Week Two

Goals: My goal for this week was to finish my research paper questions as well as finish my annotations and journal notes for my second book, All I Did Was Shoot My Man. 

Activities: This week I was able to finish my research paper questions, but I have not had the time during the two weeks to fully finish my research paper annotations and journal notes for my second book. Instead, I will be finishing my annotations and journal notes this weekend.

Problems: The last two weeks have been quite hectic, as I had just come back from a winter break trip from Africa so I had been jet lagged for the first couple days. As a result of that, I was not able to do all of my homework for my other classes during the time most kids in Seattle would do their homework. Which meant that annotating and doing the journal notes for my second book would be quite a task for me, which was why this weekend is the only time I have for annotating and doing my journal notes.

Reflection: This week has been quite hectic both in struggling to find time to finish my research paper books annotations and journal notes as well as find out what my topic of my paper will be about. As I could have tried to spread my time out easily with trying to finish my annotating and journal notes but I just was busy with other tasks, both in school and out of school. But when finding out what my topic(s) of my research paper, that was quite a struggle at first, but after spending a couple nights and class time working on looking through my journal notes, my books, and some online sources, I was able to narrow down to three topics that appropriately suited both books. Plus these three topics are quite vague in a sense that they include other aspects that I thought would be the main topic, when in truth they are only a sub-part of the overarching three main topics. But in regards to finishing my annotations and my journal notes for my second book, I only have this weekend to finish it, which I believe is enough time of locking myself away in my room to finish all 277 pages of annotations and 326 pages of journal notes. Even though I regret having to result to that plan of finishing my second book, it is the only time I have left and the only option I have left. But for any of my other tasks that I have for my research paper, I will try to get them done ahead of time so that I don't have to face another option like this ever again.

On a side note, I hope you are enjoying the weekend and the fog...yikes...But lets hope for a win from the Seahawks!

Until Next Week,
Zain

4 comments:

  1. Uhm, yes. Go Seahawks! And... Africa?! Wow. Hope you had a great trip.

    I think you managed to get the work done because your annotations seemed solid. And I think you're on the right track in looking back through your notes to guide your possible themes and topics. How are you feeling about where you are now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I am on the right track, but I feel that I will be a bit more nervous when it comes to writing the paper and outline.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many steps built in for the outline and draft. You'll do two (required) outlines and the draft is broken into two phases. That should help. Plus, you'll come to tutorial!

    ReplyDelete