Goals: My goals for this week consisted of finishing my annotations and notebook notes for my two books by Wednesday morning. As my notebook notes and annotations were due that morning so I had plenty of time during my four day weekend and Tuesday to finish them up. But I planned on starting my research process on Wednesday during class, but unfortunately I only had time to learn how to research. So, I was only left with researching for Thursday and Friday this week. Next week, I plan on finishing my research and citations for both my books. But I will try to have at least one or two resources read and cited on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, but on Friday I will have my full notes and citations done. Which in turn, I will have the weekend free of finishing up or starting my citations and notes for my research paper.
Activities: I achieved both my goals for this week, which were to finish my annotations and notebook notes as well as start my research process. I was able to get through one and one-half sources but I didn't get as far as I wanted to in my research process this week, due my changing of classes, and only two classes of research.
Problems: My research process this week was slow, as I did not find a lot of time or websites that were on Walter Mosley on the databases. Plus I am also still trying to figure out how to use the data bases through our library. I also was swarmed with other homework and finishing my annotations and notes for my two books earlier this week that I had trouble finding time to research as well.
Reflection: This week I didn't have a lot of challenges other than finishing my annotations and my notes for my two books. But I also had to finish my other homework and figure out my schedule which screwed my homework scheduling and time for other activities. But for the research process, I felt that I didn't get as much time or research done as I wanted to this week. As I only was able to read and highlight one text book source from our library and read half of a website source. For next week, I hope to finish all my citations and research as well as have a better idea on how to answer my question sets that I finished two weeks ago. Fortunately, I had some successes this week with finally finishing my annotations and notes for my research paper books as well as finding some sources on my author. As I thought before the research process began, that my author would not have any sources because he is not a famous author or really well known for his books in my opinion. But this week I was lucky enough to see that my doubts were not true and I successfully finished the first major part of this research paper process! Next week I am looking forward to finishing my research for my paper and having a clearer idea on how to structure my paper.
Hope you all enjoy the sunshine!
-Zain
No comments:
Post a Comment